To change your site's A record from our old legacy IP to the new IP address, please follow these instructions. If you do not know how to do this or need help, simply ask your registrar's support team to make these changes for you.
This action below will ensure your website does not experience any downtime during our Maintenance window on June, 29th, 2017.
- Log into your registrar account (ie. GoDaddy, 1and1 etc.)
- Once logged in, locate the area to manage your DNS for your domain.
- Confirm that your NameServer records are pointed to your registrar. If they aren't, please change them to their default address.
- Note: if you change your nameservers please make sure to bring over and duplicate any DNS settings you have set up already including MX records (mail records). If you do not know them or need help, contact your current DNS host for assistance
*The example below are screenshots from a GoDaddy.com account.
- Adjust or edit the current root A record that currently points to 184.108.40.206 which should point to 220.127.116.11
- Change the IP to our new address: 18.104.22.168
- edit the current 'www' CNAME record so that it points to agency5.livebooks.com. If it already points to this address, there is no need to adjust it.
- Save your changes (DNS changes typically take 24 to 48 hours for the change to fully take place.)