You can use this module to post files for pick up, view in a web browser or to post web-galleries created by other software. This module is found in the "EDIT CONTENT" tab from your editSuite.
Begin by selecting what you want to upload from the "choose" drop down menu.
The options are:
- Upload a compressed file or folder for download: you would use this option to send a file larger than your email can handle. To allow clients to download this file, it must be compressed as a zip file.
- Upload any file or folder of files for web viewing: select this option to upload an image or other individual files that you want others to view in a web browser. This option is not suitable for download. You may also use this selection to store images on your server. These images will be referenced by websites other than your liveBooks site (ie: a blog). If you would like to upload a folder, it must be compressed.
- Upload a compressed web gallery for web viewing: this option is for anyone who has created a website export from any application and want to post it for people to see. To make the website visible on the web, the following three criteria must be met:
- All the website files must be in a folder.
- The folder must have an index.htm or index.html file in it.
- The folder Must be compressed (Mac Archived, Win Zipped, etc...) File sizes should not exceed 500mb.
*IMPORTANT: It is important that folder and files names NOT contain any spaces or non-alphanumeric characters. When naming your file before upload, please do not use an special characters or the underscore in the file name. These can cause errors with certain browsers. Internet Explorer 8 can have issues with the underscore symbol in web addresses.
Upon selecting the best upload option, click "upload". A file browser window will appear. Browse the file that you want to upload and then click "upload". The item will be uploaded and appear in the FTP file name list.
*PLEASE NOTE: The pop up window that shows up while the file is uploading will remain as long as the upload is in progress. It is not recommended to use other editSuite modules while an upload is in progress, or to attempt to upload another file.
The maximum file size is 500 MB. Very large files should be loaded one at a time (not in batches).
When an item is uploaded, you will see it on the list. The name will appear under File Name on the left of the list, and action buttons will appear on the left.
RENAMING OR DELETING FILES
To rename or delete an item in the FTP file name list, click on the item and then click on the "Rename" or "Delete" button.
Before permanently deleting a file a warning window will pop up asking for confirmation.
See It: used to preview an item posted for web viewing before sending the link to the client. Click the See It button.
Download: used to download an item posted for pick up, to your desktop.
Send: used when sending a file to your client for viewing or download. A pop up window will have the information, to copy and paste into an email, to send to your client.
FTP module overview from liveBooks on Vimeo.