You can use the Google Analytics module to incorporate Google Analytics web statistic tracking software into your liveBooks website. This module is found in the "RESOURCES" tab from your editSuite if you own a Professional or Emerging package website.
Incorporating Google Analytics web statistic tracking software into your liveBooks website is easy. Google will supply you with a tracking code that you can add to your site using the Google Analytics editSuite module. This will enable Google Analytics to collect data on traffic to your website and allow you to monitor your site stats using their tools.
Note: To use this feature, you must have a Google Analytics account. To sign up for a Google Analytics account simply go to www.google.com/analytics.
ADDING A TRACKING CODE TO YOUR WEBSITE
- Get your tracking code by clicking the ‘Go to Google’ button and signing up for or logging into your Google Analytics account.
- Once logged into your Google account, find your tracking code and copy it. Google offers two types of tracking codes – urchin.js (their original version) and ga.js (their second version). liveBooks supports both of these codes, but we recommend using ga.js.
- Select and highlight the full code snippet. Copy the code by hitting Cmd+C (or Ctrl+C on a PC) on your keyboard.
- Return to editSuite and paste the tracking code into the text box on the screen. Paste the code by hitting Cmd+V (or Ctrl+V on a PC) on your keyboard.
- Click the ‘Save’ button at the bottom of the screen to add it to your site.
Your tracking code will be added to your site immediately, but it may take Google up to 24 hours to validate your site and start collecting data.
*NOTE: We do not support other third party analytics tools and cannot guarantee that they accurately track your liveBooks site traffic.
ACCESSING YOUR STATS
Once you have added your tracking code, you should go directly to Google Analytics to access your website stats.
REPLACING THE TRACKING CODE
You can replace your tracking code with a new one at any time.
- Click the Replace the Tracking Code link.
- Click the Go to Google button to get a new code.
- Paste the new code into text box as instructed above.
- Click the Save button to replace the code.
REMOVING THE TRACKING CODE
If you decide you no longer want to have a Google Analytics tracking code on your website, you can remove it:
- Click the Remove the Tracking Code link.
- A dialog will appear asking if you are sure you want to remove the code. Click the Yes button to continue.
The code will be deleted from your website immediately. You can always add a new code at any time.