When you create the web gallery, please make sure you do the following:
- Name the destination folder using only letters, numbers or underscores
- Make sure that there is a index.html file within the gallery content
- Compress the folder as a zip file; other compression formats are not supported
- If you are having issues uploading to the client access area, try using the FTP area and choose the 3rd upload option. Then copy the URL address from that upload (click "send" to see it), and choose the "URL Link" option in the client access area. You can link to the web gallery that way.
If you are using a PC, uploading a zipped web gallery and having one of these problems:
- The web gallery files all appear as separate line items in FTP
- An error occurs and the upload does not complete
it may be because the web gallery files were not put into a single folder before zipping.
Rather than compress the group of files to a zip, you must put the files into a folder and compress the folder to a zip.
The zipping function on a Mac does this automatically, but that is not the case with Windows.
Here is a video tutorial on how to create and upload a web gallery:
Creating and uploading web galleries to your site from liveBooks on Vimeo.