You will need to load an HTML file to your editSuite FTP area, that will do the redirecting, i.e. take your shorter URL and route to the longer, actual URL.
Below are instructions on how to set up an HTML redirect on your liveBooks site.
- Create a new file in your favorite HTML/text editing application; we recommend Smultron for the Mac, http://tuppis.com/smultron/
When making a new file, paste in the following HTML code:
<meta HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" content="0; url=PASTE IN YOUR URL HERE">
For the part after "url=" paste in the destination URL.
- Save the file to your desktop, and name the file: index.html
- Place the file in a folder.
- Name the folder to be the text that will appear after the slash in the redirecting URL you want to send out (example, to make the redirecting URL http://www.yourdomain.com/information work, you would name the folder: information )
- Zip the folder.
- Upload to the FTP module in editSuite, as a "compressed web gallery for web viewing"
Then the new URL will redirect to the "real" URL.