Webmail - PC - Outlook Mail Migration
1. When you first open Outlook, press “File”” and select “Add Account”
2. Select “Manual Setup..” and press “Next”
3. Select “POP or IMAP” and press “Next”
4. You will be asked for:
- your name
- full email address (liveBooks email address)
- account type: IMAP
- incoming mail server: everyone.net
- outgoing mail server (SMTP): everyone.net
- user name: your full liveBooks email address
- password: Your liveBooks email password
If asked, please enter the port number:
- incoming mail server. Common port numbers for incoming mail are 143 and 993 for IMAP accounts.
- outgoing mail server. Common port numbers for outgoing mail are 25, 2525, 465, and 587
Press “More Settings”. Go to “Outgoing Server” and select “Use same settings as my incoming mail server”. Press “Ok”
5. Test account settings and wait for the confirmation message.
6. Your liveBooks email account is now configured on your PC. For multiple email accounts please repeat the above steps.
7. Right click on Inbox and select “IMAP Folders”.
8. Press “Query”, select each folder and press “Subscribe”.
On the main window press ”Send / Receive all folders” and wait for Outlook to retrieve all messages and folders from the server.
If emails or folders are missing from your PC please press the “Get messages” button again.
9. Once steps 1-8 are complete, it is time to backup your emails:
Right click on your “Outlook Data File” and select New Folder.
Create a new folder for each active folder you have on your account: Inbox, Sent, personal folders.
9.1. Select all emails by pressing Ctrl+A in each folder. Right click on emails and select “Copy to”, “Local Folders” and select the folder where you want to copy your emails. Repet this step for each folder that you want to backup.
Your emails are now stored locally on your PC.
10. Go to your registrar page and log in to your control panel.
Once you log in to your domain registrar control panel, delete the old MX records and add the new ones provided by your new email hosting company.
- hosting company is the company that has the files for your website stored on their servers (liveBooks)
- domain registrar is a company that reserves and registers your ".com, .net, .org" domain name (GoDaddy, Network Solutions, 1&1, etc.)
- A-record determines which IP address belongs to a domain name
- Cname record lets you assign a domain or sub-domain to another address or hostname.
- MX record is responsible for accepting incoming email and routing it to a specified mail server
11. Create your new email accounts (same email addresses) on your new email hosting control panel. Log in to your new webmail account and recreate the same folder structure.
12. Get the new email account’s Outlook settings from your email hosting company:
- email address (same email address)
- Incoming mail server
- Outgoing mail server
13. Return to Outlook app and remove the existing liveBooks email accounts ONLY if you completed step 7 - email backup. If not, please follow the instructions and complete step 9.
Go to “File” and select “Account Settings”
Select email account and press “Remove”
This way your liveBooks email account will be removed from Outlook.
14. Add the new email accounts on Outlook by repeating steps 1 to 8. This time use the new email settings provided by your email hosting company.
15. Once your new email accounts are set up, it is time to import your emails to your new account.
Open each folder from your “Outlook Data File” panel. Select all emails by pressing Ctrl+A. Right click and select “Move”, “Copy To Folder”. Select your new email account and the destination folder.
Repeat for all folders.
Congratulations! The process is now finished. Please make sure all emails are in place and you can send / receive emails with your new account.
All emails will be uploaded on the new server. Multiple devices can be configured to access your email address in the same time using IMAP protocol.