Step by step Zoho email migration.
- hosting company is the company that has the files for your website stored on their servers (liveBooks)
- domain registrar is a company that reserves and registers your ".com, .net, .org" domain name (GoDaddy, Network Solutions, 1&1, etc.)
- A-record determines which IP address belongs to a domain name
- Cname record lets you assign a domain or sub-domain to another address or hostname.
- MX record is responsible for accepting incoming email and routing it to a specified mail server
Currently, the Name Server (NS Records), for your domain name, are pointed to liveBooks’ servers:
- livebooksedu.com - (IP: 184.108.40.206)
- livebooksedu.com - (IP: 220.127.116.11)
Before you start this process, you will need to do two things:
1. If you wish to, back up your liveBooks email. Click here to learn how to do this.
- NOTE: If you wish to also back up your email contacts, please follow these instructions.
2. point your domain’s NS records back to your registrar’s. The easiest way to do this is to simply contact them and request the the following changes be made to your DNS:
- Point (reset) the Name Server (NS Records) back to your registrar's name servers. Depending on your registrar, the NS records changes may take up to 24 hour to update.
- After pointing back your NS records please update (or have them update) your domain's root A record and 'www' CNAME record as follows:
- point root A record to 18.104.22.168
- point CNAME: “www” to “agency5.livebooks.com”
- if you have a liveBooks blog point CNAME: “blog” to “blog6.livebooks.com”
This process puts control over your domain back in your hands, pointing only your website to liveBooks. This leaves email and any other services you want to connect to your domain in you and your registrar’s hands. Again, if you need help with any of these changes, your registrar will be able to assist you.
NOTE: These DNS changes will interrupt both email and website hosting temporarily. By the time you get to the last step of this article, your site and new email will be up and running!
1. Go to https://www.zoho.com/mail/ and press "Get Started". Choose the "Free" option and click "Sign Up".
2. Add your domain name.
3. Add your account details. Use your primary liveBooks email address.
4. Verify domain ownership.
5. Select “CNAME method” or “TXT method” and follow the instructions.
TXT / CNAME verification steps for some popular DNS providers can be found here: https://www.zoho.com/mail/help/adminconsole/domain-verification.html
Press "Verify" after adding the TXT record / CNAME record to your registrar. It can take 30 - 45 minutes for the DNS changes to take effect.
6. Wait for the confirmation and add your primary liveBooks email address.
7. If you have only one email address you can skip the next step. If you have more than one email address set up with liveBooks, please select "Proceed to Add Users".
8. Add email address details and press OK. Repeat this process for each email address you want to add.
9. Press "Back to setup" after adding all desired email addresses.
10. Configure Email Delivery and add MX records to your registrar.
Please add the new MX records before next step. Specific instructions are available for some DNS hosting providers here: https://www.zoho.com/mail/help/adminconsole/configure-email-delivery.html
General Instructions to change the MX Records of your domain are also provided here: https://www.zoho.com/mail/help/adminconsole/domain-verification.html#alink4
11. Press "Proceed to Migrate" in order to start the migration.
12. Create a migration profile. Use liveBooks IMAP server name "imap.everyone.net". Select SSL, and press "Add Migration" button.
How to add a migration profile:
Select the Migration Name to which you want to add the source and destination details.
Select Add Accounts to add the account details manually
Provide the Source username/ Password and the Destination to which the emails should be migrated to.
In case of IMAP migration, you can choose to skip any folders during migration.
The skip folders will be handy when the admins rerun migrations for the same set of users for some new emails or missed emails.
This will be authenticated with the source server provided, once you click Add.
13. The migration profile is now created. Press "Start".
14. Check the migration status for each email account and press "Back to setup" when the status is Completed.
Congratulations! The migration process is now finished. Please Log In to your new Zoho email account and check emails for each account.
A complete Zoho email user guide can be found here: https://www.zoho.com/mail/help/login-to-zoho.html
Zoho provides full instructions if you need to configure your email account on your PC, Mac and mobile devices: https://www.zoho.com/mail/help/login-to-zoho.html