Step by step Zoho email migration.
- hosting company is the company that has the files for your website stored on their servers (liveBooks)
- domain registrar is a company that reserves and registers your ".com, .net, .org" domain name (GoDaddy, Network Solutions, 1&1, etc.)
- A-record determines which IP address belongs to a domain name
- Cname record lets you assign a domain or sub-domain to another address or hostname.
- MX record is responsible for accepting incoming email and routing it to a specified mail server
1. Go to https://www.zoho.com/mail/ and press "Get Started". Choose the "Free" option and click "Sign Up".
2. Add your domain name.
3. Add your account details. Use your primary liveBooks email address.
4. Verify domain ownership.
5. Select “CNAME method” or “TXT method” and follow the instructions.
TXT / CNAME verification steps for some popular DNS providers can be found here: https://www.zoho.com/mail/help/adminconsole/domain-verification.html
Press "Verify" after adding the TXT record / CNAME record to your registrar. It can take 30 - 45 minutes for the DNS changes to take effect.
6. Wait for the confirmation and add your primary liveBooksl email address.
7. If you have only one email address you can skip the next step. If you have more than one email address set up with liveBooks, please select "Proceed to Add Users".
8. Add email address details and press OK. Repeat this process for each email address you want to add.
9. Press "Back to setup" after adding all desired email addresses.
10. Configure Email Delivery and add MX records to your registrar.
Please add the new MX records before next step. Specific instructions are available for some DNS hosting providers here: https://www.zoho.com/mail/help/adminconsole/configure-email-delivery.html
General Instructions to change the MX Records of your domain are also provided here: https://www.zoho.com/mail/help/adminconsole/domain-verification.html#alink4
11. Press "Proceed to Migrate" in order to start the migration.
12. Create a migration profile. Use liveBooks IMAP server name "imap.everyone.net". Select SSL, and press "Add Migration" button.
13. The migration profile is now created. Press "Start".
14. Check the migration status for each email account and press "Back to setup" when the status is Completed.
Congratulations! The migration process is now finished. Please Log In to your new Zoho email account and check emails for each account.
A complete Zoho email user guide can be found here: https://www.zoho.com/mail/help/login-to-zoho.html
Zoho provides full instructions if you need to configure your email account on your PC, Mac and mobile devices: https://www.zoho.com/mail/help/login-to-zoho.html